Route One Apparel Gives Back
Route One Apparel recognizes the need to support the local community in which we live and work here in Maryland. Our Management Team has recognized this and has created a Charitable Donations Group (CDG), appointed by members of Management, who are authorized to make donations in accordance with our corporate policy and guidelines.
The following requirements highlight the areas within our scope that are eligible for donations:
- Organized and operated exclusively for charitable, humanitarian, or animal welfare purposes
- Supported in whole or in part by charity
- Have tax exempt Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) status from the IRS.
Route One Apparel receives far more requests for donations than it is able to dispense. To ensure that the donations are used in accordance with corporate policies, the Company does not donate free merchandise to:
- Sports players or teams
- Labor, political, or religious organizations
- Advertising or Promotional activities
- Organizations that do not comply with our non-discrimination policy
- Organizations that might in any way pose a conflict with the Company’s goals, products or employees
However, if a donation is requested from one of the above parties, discounted merchandise may be available based on corporate approval.
An organization seeking charitable contributions from the Company must certify that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Committee meets regularly to review all requests. A written response is provided for each Company decision. Route One Apparel will only consider one contribution request per nonprofit, per year.
All charitable requests must be addressed to the Charitable Donations Group (CDG) and must contain the following:
A one-page written summary statement which includes:
- A mission statement of the organization and/or project
- The organization’s goals and objectives
- The organization’s program/project needs
- The program/project fit with Route One Apparel’s donations guidelines
- Key deadline dates
- Specific Route One Apparel employee involvement with the non-profit
- The organization’s name, address, telephone number, website and the name of a contact person familiar with the proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate from the Internal Revenue Service as a Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) organization
- A list of officers, board members and affiliates
A personal interview with an official of the organization may be required by one or more members of the CDG as a condition of making a contribution. If the request is made by a person in an outlying location, the interview can be accomplished by local management or by telephone.
Organizations should email their specific request to: email@example.com
You may also send via USPS to:
Route One Apparel
Attn. CDG Committee
PO Box 42023 Towson, MD 21284