Okay, folks, you'd better have your number 2 pencils and bubble sheets -- we're taking a test today! Sure, you may wear your favorite Maryland-themed clothing everywhere you go, but how much do you actually know about this great state of ours? We think it's high time that you put your knowledge to the test. See how many of these questions you can get right, and then test your friends to see who knows Maryland the very best! Time starts....now!
1. What's the official state sport of Maryland?
2. How many counties are in Maryland (not including Baltimore City)?
3. What Maryland town was formerly the capital of the USA?
4. What is the official name of the Bay Bridge?
A. Gov. William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge
B. Gov. Larry Hogan Bridge
C. Eastern Shore Connection Bridge
D. George Washington Bridge
5. Which state does not border Maryland?
B. West Virginia
6. What is the name of the University of Maryland's terrapin mascot?
7. Which of these inventions hails from Baltimore?
A. The umbrella
B. The stop sign
C. The bottle cap
D. The shopping cart
8. How many gold medals does Maryland Olympian Michael Phelps have?
Answers: 1 A, 2 C, 3 B, 4 A, 5 D, 6 B, 7 C, 8 A