Sure, Valentine's Day is a month away, but who wants to be the one who wakes up the morning of February 14th and realizes they forgot to plan the perfect day with their sweetheart? But if you're feeling a bit stuck in your plans, well, we've got options. Maryland themed options!
1. A crabcake is the best way to show your love! Look, don't get me wrong. A steak dinner is as fancy as it gets, and we love pizza and pasta and chicken too. But crabs are so perfect and versatile--no matter how they're prepared, they're just right for a date night dinner, whether you decide to go fancy or more casual. It's hard to get far in Maryland without running into a crab place, and chances are you already have a favorite, but if you're looking for suggestions, Oprah really digs Pappas. (And with good reason--it's pretty delish.)
Now that's what we call date night. Via Food & Wine.
2. Of course, what's dinner without dessert? If you don't have the counter space to bake your sweetie an entire Smith Island cake, it might be time to go out for something sweet. A slice from Dangerously Delicious Pies is basically a marriage proposal, and if your loved one is craving a cupcake, try La Cakerie--if it's good enough for the Food Network, it's good enough for us!
3. Date night doesn't have to be the same old, same old. Sure, a movie's fine, but why not do something a little more interesting? Class it up at the Baltimore Museum of Art, go hiking at Cunningham Falls State Park, or enjoy some couple's skating at the Pandora Ice Rink! Want to go snow tubing? Maryland's got it. Prefer to stay in a nice warm rainforest? We've got it too.
4. The perfect gift doesn't have to be wrapped or in a box--sometimes a future experience is just what your honey wants! Whether it's getting season tickets for the Orioles in 2017, booking a hotel for a summer getaway in Ocean City, or getting your loved one a membership to their favorite museum, this is the gift that keeps on giving. You could also consider donating to your sweetheart's favorite charity--who doesn't want to support the sweet puppies and cute kittens at Barcs?
Something to look forward to for months to come! Via ocvisitor.com
5. But then again...it's always nice to get stuff for your boyfriend or girlfriend, too! So don't forget to check out what's for sale at Route One Apparel--whether you're with an athlete, a girly-girl, a sports fan or a fashionista, you'll find the perfect gift for them (and probably get a smooch, too!)